UPSC, Union Public Service Commission of Indian Government which authorized it as a central agency which has the powers to conduct the UPSC exams like
IAS – Civil Services Examination
IES – Engineering Services Examination
CMS – Combined Medical Services Examination
CDS – Combined Defence Services Examination
IFS – Indian Forest Service examination,
NDA – National Defence Academy Examination
ISS – Indian Statistical Services Examination
CGE – Combined Geologist and Geoscientist Examination
Central Armed Police Forces – Assistant Commander, Indian Economic Service Examination,
Indian, Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination, Naval Academy Examination,
Constitution of India provided the agency’s charter under the Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the Indian constitution, Named as Services under the Union and all the States of India, provide for a Public Service Commission for the Union of India and for all states. UPSC conducts the UPSC exams every year for the civil servants having success rate of 0.1%–0.3%.
According to the provision allows in the Article 320 of the constitution of India highlight with the provision of UPSC – Union Public Service Commission regulation 1958, rules mention for recruitment’s for all group ‘A’ and group ‘B’ posts in all the ministries and departments under government of India are used to framed in a form of consultation with the union commission. For this consultation with the union commission is required to frame or amending the recruitment rules for the particular posts which comes under the ESIC – Employees State Insurance Corporation. The UPSC Commission conduct UPSC exams for civil servants every year. Exams come under UPSC exams include Civil Services, Engineering, Medical and Forest Services.
Main Functions of UPSC exams – Union Public Service Commission regarding Recruitment following the Constitution of India are:
- Conduct UPSC exams for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Under UPSC exams Recruitment (Direct) by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of Department officers on promotion, deputation and through absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- On any matter referred to the UPSC, they can directly Advice the Government by the President of India.