SSC CHSL 2017 Recruitment Exam – Complete Guidance
SSC CHSL 2017: Staff Selection Commission generally known as SSC organize a very reputed exam for the candidate who have minimum education like only 12th pass which is CHSL – Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination. Millions of student fills this application form to appear in this exam.
SSC CHSL Exam is the only exam which provides the gateway to the aspirants to get Central Government Job. SSC CHSL Exam conducts for the recruitment of the DEO – Data Entry Operator, LDC – Lower Division Clerk, Assistant and Clerk level Job. SSC CHSL Exam is going to happen every year on a prescribed date announced by the SSC. To appear in SSC CHSL Exam aspirants need to know about this exam completely. Read below article for all required details about SSC CHSL EXAM 2017.
SSC CHSL 2017 Exam: Important Dates:
|1||Application form Release Date||5 Aug 2017|
|2||Last Date of Registration||4 Sept 2017|
|3||Issue of E-Admit Card for Tier-1 Exam||8 Nov 2017|
|4||Date for Tier-1 Exam||17 to 30 Nov 2017|
|5||Declaration of Tier-1 Exam Result||March 2018|
|6||Issue of E-Admit Card for Tier-2 Exam||7 April 2018|
|7||Date of Tier-2 Exam||15 April 2018|
|8||Declaration of Tier-2 Exam Result||(Date Announced Later)|
|9||Date of Tier-3 (Skill Test / Typing Test)||(Date Announced Later)|
|10||Declaration of Final Results||(Date Announced Later)|
SSC CHSL 2017 Recruitment Exam: Details
- Exam Name: SSC CHSL 2017
- What do you mean by SSC CHSL: Staff Selection Commission / Combined Higher Secondary Level or CHSL (10+2) Exam
- Exam Organizing Body: Staff Selection Commission – Government of India
- Exam Level: All India
- Posts : Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Assistant – Postal/Sorting & Court Clerk
- Number of Vacancy:7,388 (Expected)
- Exam Mode: Tier-1 Exam – Online Mode /Tier-2 Exam – Offline Mode
SSC CHSL Salary 2017
|Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary||In Hand Salary|
|Court Clerk||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|LDC||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|DEO||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
|Postal Assistant||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
SSC CHSL 2017 Post wise Vacancy
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)– 616 (Expected)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)– 2,877 (Expected)
- Postal/Sorting Assistant– 3,862(Expected)
- Court Clerk– 33 (Expected)
SSC CHSL 2017 Eligibility Criteria (Read Article)
- Educational Qualification– Aspirants who are willing to fill this form and want to appear in this exam need to be 12th passed or passed the equivalent exam from government recognized board or Institute.
- Age Limit– Aspirants who are willing to fill this form and want to appear in this exam should have minimum age of 18 and maximum age is 27 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules for each category.
SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form (Read Article)
Aspirants who match the required qualification can apply for the SSC CHSL Exam 2017. From past few years SSC changes the processes of form filling for apply the post. Now onwards candidate can apply through online mode only at the SSC website
Application Fee / Mode of Fee Payment for the CHSL exam
- Application Fee thru SBI Challan:Aspirants will have to pay fee of Rs. 100, aspirants may pay application fee thru challan at any SBI branch. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
- Application Fee Online Mode: Aspirants will have to pay fee of Rs. 100, aspirants may pay application fee thru internet banking and any credit/debit cards. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
SSC CHSL 2017 Selection Procedure
SSC CHSL Exam selection process is going through three phases which include tier 1, 2, 3.
- Tier-1 Written Exam– Type – Objective, Marks – 200 Marks, Mode – Online.
- Tier-1 Written Exam– Type – Descriptive Type, Marks – 100 Marks, Mode – Offline Mode
- Tier-3 – Skill Test / Typing Test (Aspirants who qualify the tier-2 exam will be called for Skill Test / Typing Test)
In Case of Tie
For case like more than one aspirant score equal aggregates marks, a tie breaker rule will be applied:
- Marks scored in written exam.
- Age parameter, who is senior in the age given as preference.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Pattern & Syllabus (Read Article)
To clear the SSC CHSL Exam candidate should know the pattern of the exam, exam time duration, mode of exam, exam type and marks distribution. Get all the information below and get set ready for the SSC CHSL Exam.
Tier 1 Exam pattern:
- In this exam questions will be of objective type.
- Exam will be on online mode.
- Question Paper divided in four parts. 1st Part – General Intelligence, 2nd Part – English Language, 3rd Part – Quantitative Aptitude, 4th Part – General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- There will be 100 questions, 25 question each part.
- Total marks 200
- There will be negative marking of .50 marks for each wrong question.
- Exam Duration 75 minutes.
- Question paper will be in both languages (English/Hindi).
Tier 2 Exam pattern:
- This exam will be of descriptive type.
- Exam will be conducted offline mode (Pen & paper).
- Aspirants will have to write essay / précis / letters / application writing etc.
- Exam score is of 100 marks.
- Exam duration 1 hour.
- Aspirants can give exam in both the language English & Hindi.
Tier 3 Skill Test/ Typing Test:
- Typing Test: Aspirants who choose English language for the typing speed test, they have to type 35 words per minute and those aspirants choose Hindi language, they have to type 30 words per minute. Typing speed test will be applicable for postal assistant, LDC and court clerk posts.
- Skill Test: This test is for Data Entry Operator for this data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer.
SSC CHSL 2017 Admit Card (Read Article)
Staff Selection Commission will host all the eligible admit card on the regional websites of SSC. Aspirants can download the SSC CHSL Exam admit card from the regional website of SSC. Entry in the examination hall will be strictly on the basis of Admit Card and one original identity proof.
SSC CHSL 2017 Answer Key (Read Article)
SSC will declare official answer after the examination on its website ssc.nic.in. This answer key is based on all the paper code which is appeared in the SSC CHSL Exam question paper booklet. Aspirants can use this answer key to evaluate their result. If aspirants have doubt in any answer they can write to SSC for that. Many Coaching institute also declare the answer key but we suggest aspirants should wait for the official answer key.
SSC CHSL 2017 Cut Off (Read Article)
SSC declare the cut off to clear the exam. On the basis of the cut off, list of successful candidate will be released. So it is advised to the aspirants to see previous years cut off and set the current year cut off. Prepare according to that cut off which is the first or last selection criteria in written exams which will be used in the recruitment process. There is a difference between cut off for different categories. Cut off for general category will always be high as compared to other category.
SSC CHSL 2017 Result (Read Article)
SSC after examination evaluate the OMR sheet and declare the result of SSC CHSL Exam. This result will upload on its official website in PDF format. Aspirants can search their name in the list by using their name or roll number. We suggest use roll number for quick search result. Lastly SSC declare final result aspirants may be called for the document verification. After successful verification candidate will be appointed for the post and have to wait for the joining letter.